Relieve Pain with Massage Therapy
Enjoy a Massage at our Clinic in Exeter
Here at County Chiropractic & Wellness Centre we have a wide range of massage therapies available for all sorts of physical and mental stresses such as sports injuries, poor posture from sitting or standing and pregnancy aches and pains. Acute or chronic pain and the general stresses of daily life can be debilitating and frustrating. These physical stresses can have a huge effect on your mental state and quite often feeling sad or angry, alongside physical pain, are all common signs that your body needs help. Massage therapy can help to ease these issues and bring great relief by relaxing the muscles and tissues.
We have a highly experienced team of massage therapists in Exeter who can offer various techniques, advice and aftercare depending on your symptoms. Our massage therapists have helped people with a variety of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Lower back pain and hip pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Neck pain and shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- Tennis and Golfers elbow
- Headaches and migraines
- Scar tissue tension
- Sleep deprivation
- Chronic fatigue and M.E.
- Stress and anxiety
The Many Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy at County Chiropractic & Wellness Centre in Exeter is tailored to your needs and focuses on releasing muscle, tendon, ligament and fascia tension. Whether you’re joining us for a pregnancy massage or you’d like massage therapy to help you recover from a sports strain, the benefits of massage therapy are far-reaching.
- Stress relief: Massage therapy has been shown to reduce stress levels by reducing cortisol and increasing serotonin and dopamine levels in the body
- Pain management: Massage therapy can help to alleviate pain in the body caused by injuries, muscle tension, or chronic conditions like arthritis
- Improved circulation: Massage therapy helps to improve blood and lymphatic circulation in the body, which can improve the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to cells and help to remove toxins
- Enhanced immunity: Regular massage therapy can boost the immune system by increasing the activity of white blood cells and reducing inflammation
- Improved sleep: Massage therapy can help to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality, which can have positive effects on overall health and wellbeing
- Increased flexibility: Massage therapy can help to increase range of motion and flexibility in the body by releasing tension and promoting circulation
- Lowered blood pressure: Massage therapy can help to lower blood pressure by reducing stress
- Improved Digestion: Massage therapy can help to stimulate the digestive system and improve bowel function, which can help to alleviate symptoms of constipation and irritable bowel syndrome
- Improved mood and mental health: Massage therapy can help to improve your mood and mental health by reducing symptoms of anxiety, stress and depression and increasing the production of endorphins
- Faster recovery from exercise: Massage therapy can help to reduce muscle soreness and speed up recovery time after exercise by increasing blood flow to the affected areas
- Increased body awareness: Massage therapy can help to increase your body awareness by encouraging mindfulness, which can help to reduce stress and improve overall wellbeing
Which Massage Therapy is Right for You?
There are over 200 different massage techniques used throughout the world. We’re proud to offer a selection of incredible massage techniques at our clinic in Exeter, each practised to release tension in your muscles, and soothe aches and pains.
This type of massage therapy addresses your physical, mental and emotional needs, rather than treating specific symptoms or conditions. The focus of a holistic massage is to treat the whole person and create a sense of balance and harmony for the mind and body by using techniques such as myofascial release, slow, deep tissue massage and gentle holds
Deep tissue massage
This type of massage focuses on the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. Our massage therapists use slow, deep pressure and friction techniques to target specific areas of tension and stiffness. The goal of deep tissue massage is to break up adhesions (bands of rigid, painful tissue) that can disrupt circulation and cause pain and inflammation. Deep tissue massage can be particularly effective if you have chronic pain, such as back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain, as well as for athletes or people with injuries
Pregnancy massage is performed lying on your side and can alleviate the aches and pains that occur as your body undergoes changes to accommodate the growing baby. Pregnancy massage can help reduce back pain and sciatica, improve circulation and reduce swelling, reduce stress. Our massage therapists can perform massages throughout your entire pregnancy
Myofascial release is a type of massage therapy that targets fascia, the thin layer of connective tissue that surrounds and supports muscles and organs. Our massage therapists use slow, sustained pressure and stretching to release restrictions in the fascia. This is a great technique if you find the pressure of sports massage or deep tissue massage too much.
This type of massage therapy focuses on improving your overall health and wellbeing. The massage therapists will use a variety of techniques such as Swedish massage and deep tissue massage to target specific areas of tension, stiffness, or pain
All our massage therapists at County Chiropractic & Wellness Centre in Exeter have the experience and qualifications to perform a combination of therapies and techniques, depending on your needs. Please discuss with a clinic assistant or massage therapist if you would like some guidance on what would be the best therapy for you.
What to Expect from Your Massage Experience
We want you to feel at ease throughout your massage therapy, from the moment you arrive to the minute you leave. When you arrive at our clinic in Exeter, one of our dedicated therapists will take you into the therapy room where they will do a thorough consultation and assessment before explaining the agreed plan for the session. The massage techniques will vary dependent on the primary complaint, condition(s) and the massage therapist.
We are currently offering a free 15 minute massage therapy assessment to anyone who is unsure if massage therapy is going to help them. This will be face to face at the clinic. We will not do any therapy’s during this appointment and you are under no obligation to work with us. To book a free 15 minute massage assessment with a massage therapist click HERE to be taken to our booking form. Simply choose FREE ASSESSMENT as the appointment type, choose which massage therapist you would like the appointment with, then match up your availability to theirs and book the appointment.
Our professional team of Massage Therapists work closely with the Chiropractors at County Chiropractic & Wellness Centre in order to give the best care possible, it is sometimes appropriate to refer a client to another health care practitioner.
Book Your Massage Today
Should you require a little help deciding which technique or Massage Therapist would be best suited to your needs please contact us today.
If you have already found your perfect Massage Therapist Click here to book your appointment online
If you haven’t seen one of our Massage Therapists before, for your first appointment you will need to book a Massage Consultation.
You can also find us on the Mindbody App which you can use to book in with us. The app is also fully accurate with all of our Chiropractors, Massage Therapists and Floatation Therapy availability. To get the App click the Mindbody botton on the right. Once you have the App just search for County Chiropractic & Wellness Centre and use the same login for this website if you are going to create one.