Website privacy & cookies
“County Chiropractic” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“County Chiropractic” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25.05.18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact email address
- Contact telephone number
- Whether you are a new/current/returning patient
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Used to distinguish users and sessions.
- Used to determine new sessions/visits
- Used to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
- Used to determine the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by not filling in the contact form and contacting us directly by telephone.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by opting out of our mailing list at the bottom of our emails
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) If you would like a copy of the information held on you please either write to us at County Chiropractic, 6 Marsh Green Road North, Marsh Barton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 8NY or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your subject access request.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You also have the right to request we delete all the data we have about you under certain circumstances. Under GDPR you have the right to be forgotten if-
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected or processed it for;
- We are relying on consent as your lawful basis for holding the data, and the individual withdraws their consent;
- We are relying on legitimate interests as your basis for processing, the individual objects to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- We are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and the individual objects to that processing;
- We have processed the personal data unlawfully (ie in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle);
- We have to do it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- We have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.
If you believe the data we hold on you is in breach of one or more of these reasons set out above, please get in contact in writing to request your right to be forgotten with your corresponding reason.